Sunday, February 3, 2008

Knitting

Having a sketch book, pencils and colours is enough to to be able to draw and create some art work, but not having a pencil case to carry one's tools in is a problem. I thus took up the project of making one myself - by knitting one!


I thought of this a couple of weeks ago when I bought some pencils and colours to be able to use the sketchbook Brendon bought me for Christmas. I always wanted to knit a pencil case, and since Brendon's mum is very good at knitting I asked her to help me out. Well after 4 weeks of on and off knitting I managed to finish it, and I'm quite happy with the result! :) I used to knit in the car when going somewhere (it always takes us around an hour to go somewhere by car if it is outside of town), on the train or while watching a film. It was a good way to relax and spend time doing some craftwork. Now I'd like to knit a sweater... it will take me some time to finish it, but here it is still summer, so by the time winter comes, hopefully I would have finished it. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ilami kemm giek tajjeb claire prosit!! lol thinking up of starting knitting myself ;) hehe

makes me really happy to see you and all the things you are doing!

Tc Gbu
charlene =)
xxx

Bernie said...

WOW claire!! Proset! Really missing you here! Meta tigi ser nisirqek al ftit u nghanqek wahda kbira!! Il-Mulej ihobbok Claire! Gb

Anonymous said...

hey claire i LOVE ur pencil case!!!
Actually even i when i use to hve some time i used to knit and its true that is very relaxing and fun ... Then after u would feel proud at urself for the fact that u made it!! Prosit and miss ya!!
xxxxxxxx

Anabelle