Monday, February 11, 2008

Different Cultures, Different Religions

I had a tour round the city today... I just went walking round the streets on my own... It was interesting to see how many different cultures existed in the same city: Asian and Western culture all in the same place.







China Town vs the British and Spanish quarters; Tai, Indonisian, Malasian Cuisine vs American Fast food; and several smaller communities found in the suburbs... among them the Maltese one (I still have to find it).


You also find so many different religions and churches: Buddhist, Hindu, and all the various Christian denominations you can think of: Baptist, Presbyterian, United Church, Pentecostal, Evangelical, Catholic, Anglican, Salvation Army ... The different Christian denominations has made me want to try to understand the difference between them all. I'm reading some books about it and I often discuss it with Brendon, but so far I've only concluded that we Christians tend to forget the main similarity between us all - Jesus - and get lost in minor differences that at the end of it all aren't so important if we keep Jesus at the centre of all we do.

... Boq...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ilami how cool all of that is Claire!!

Glad to know you're doing fine! =) Missing your smile ;)

God bless you
Take care Claire!!

Selilna al Brendon

Charlene