Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Summer School of Evangelisation

I've just come back from the longest retreat I ever attended - 8 days! It was held in a boys boarding school in Bathust which is 2hr 50min from Engadine (The place where I'm staying which is suburb in Sydney). The place was really cool! Instead of Hogworths School of Magic, this was Hogworths Summer School of Evangelisation!

So this Sunday-to-Sunday retreat entailed lectures in the morning and seminars in the evening. I attended to lectures & seminars on: Human Sexuality, Pathways of Prayer, Creative Workshop, and The Age of Mary. They were all really interesting. My favourite were Human Sexuality and the Age of Mary. I learnt a whole lot of new stuff! Human Sexualtiy dealt with Pope John Paul II Theology of the body, and it explained the beauty of our sexuality in the way God once created it to be and what we should aim for in our life, be it marriage, single or religious life. To use a very common Aussie adjective... it was AWESOME!! Bil-Malti TAL-GENN! The seminars on Mary were also very interesting. I learnt a lot more on the importance of Mary, on how she can be a means to draw closer to Jesus.

I got to meet a lot of new people, and it was also a great time to go back to my roots, pray and discover God in my life once again. Finding myself in a charismatic environment helped me feel at home. I really enjoyed the time we had in adoration, and the possibility of going to the chapel to pray whenever we could. We had time for reconciliation, venerating the WYD cross & icon, & commiting our lives to God.











On Saturday we had a really good fun night. We had a celebration meal, which started with worship songs, followed by dinner and then we had a kind of talent show. Brendon came up with this idea of doing a skit named 'The Pre-school of Evangelisation'. We dressed up in silly clothes and took the roles of children animators. It was like being back in summer school with the small kids. Bren wore shorts up to his belly and socks up to his knees; I put my hair in pigtails and wore my doggy socks (the ones you got me, matt, from Sweden) over the converse shoes... it turned out to be really good. It wasn't long only around 4mintues but the people liked it... I was happy about that... :D

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey Claire sounds like ur having a blast! Nice Pics! Its freezing here in malta! Hehe! Enjoy the rest of your week! keep blogging! ;)

x x x x
cya gbu tc
Sarah